About Us: St. Francis Chapel Makerere University is a vibrant and active Christian community whose purpose is to make disciples who make disciples for Jesus Christ. We are focused on Evangelism, Discipleship and Leadership development of the University’s students and staff, as well as the wider community. As a cell-based Church that is “small enough to care, yet big enough to celebrate,” we raise, equip, and mobilize leaders of integrity who will proclaim Christ faithfully to Uganda and the nations.
OUR VISION: A Healthy and Growing Church Holistically Transformed to Godliness.
OUR MISSION: We Exist to Make Disciples Who Make Disciples for Jesus Christ
OUR CORE VALUES
- Christ Centered
- Servant hood
We seek to recruit a Committed Christian, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill the vacant position below;
ASSISTANT AUDIO & VISUAL TECHNICIAN
Reports to: Audio and Visual Technician
Main Purpose of the Job:
To produce the best possible atmosphere for Worship through sound reinforcement. This includes, but is not limited to: creating the best audio mix possible that meets the mood the Clergy / Worship leader want to convey, and supporting the audio needs of the people involved with the Church service and events and also plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade the organization’s digital accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform proper sound check; includes gain settings, monitor mixes, proper volume settings, and the EQ/mixing process
- Recording church services and events;
- Serve as a point of contact between the Praise & Worship Leader and the Audiovisual Team (for song lyrics);
- Serve as point of contact between speakers and the Audiovisual team (for sermon title, scripture(s), graphics, and other content);
- Provide appropriate advice on purchase and acquisition of Audiovisual equipment;
- Set and pretest Audiovisual equipment prior to the commencement of Church services and events;
- Develop a team of equipment users and offer them appropriate training for the best use of Audiovisual equipment;
- Carry out routine maintenance of Audiovisual equipment;
- Troubleshoot equipment failures when need arises and prescribes remedy to problems established;
- Maintain an inventory and ensure safe custody and storage of Audiovisual equipment;
- To promote a good image and relationship of the Chapel with the public;
- Oversee the Chapel’s interactions with the public by implementing social media platforms’ content strategies;
- Create engaging written and visual content for social media platforms;
- To coordinate and evaluate messages going out of the Chapel;
- To perform routine maintenance tasks on the Chapel digital accounts as directed by the Supervisor
- To monitor Chapel website content to ensure it stays up-to-date
- Should be qualified to at least first degree in Mass Communication from a recognized University or Institution and a post graduate diploma in Communication or related field.
- A post graduate qualification in audio and visual production and dissemination will be of added advantage
- Should have a thorough working knowledge in Public Relations gained from at least 2 years’ experience in office or website administration
- Should have well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should have the ability to write captions for all social media posts including pictures and videos.
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
- The Candidate must be a mature Christian with demonstrable personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Understanding of the doctrine of the Church of Uganda is a prerequisite and the candidate should subscribe to the Anglican Faith.
- Ethics and Integrity, Computer Skills, ability to adapt to Multi-cultural settings, effective organizational and planning skills, time management, technical skills, report writing skills, capacity for teamwork, innovation and concern for results, quality and standards and upholds godliness.
- Relevant copies of National ID and/or Passport should be attached.
- A Pastor’s recommendation letter should be attached. (If you are a member of St. Francis
Chapel, please attach a letter of recommendation from your Ministry leader)
- The Prospective applicant should have attained a minimum of an Honors’ Degree in one sitting or not exceeding one year from the stipulated completion date.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should be delivered to the Chapel Administrator using the address below not later than 5:00pm on Monday July 4th, 2022.
The Chapel Administrator,
St. Francis Chapel Makerere,
P.O. Box 7062,